So happy you are here, do you want to earn online from home in Jamaica or anywhere else in the world? If yes, we are both desirous of the same thing. This means we are looking for opportunities to pursue our dreams.
My name is Doreen Smellie from Kingston Jamaica. I am a mother of 2 daughters and a grandmother who operates a home business. Over the years I have spent so much time each day surfing the internet that I decided I should be able to earn online and make a living from it.
Once again, thank you for visiting my site. Doreen is an online business entrepreneur who is on a quest to be a very successful one. Based on a recent study it was revealed that Jamaica was one of the most difficult places in the world for a woman in business to survive. I have willed myself to take up that challenge to prove them wrong.
Presently I am in the process of setting up my Travel and Rejuvenating Club, (Take That Break). Online business is my latest venture and I must tell you it is a new world for me. I am learning as I go along. This job is enjoyable and the beauty about it is that I learn new things every day. There is never a bored moment because my days are not predictable – And Yes, I earn online.
My goal is to make enough money so that I can give to my favourite charity. This passion is for child care and development – I also want to be in a position where I can help to educate the women of my beautiful country Jamaica. To assist in teaching them how to build successful businesses whether online or offline is also a passion. Anxiously awaiting that moment when I will be able to take tours around the world to learn about new cultures and to enjoy God’s beautiful creation.
I am an avid reader who also enjoys watching television equally it does not seem balance – but I love them both. At present, I have not been doing a lot of reading as I should but I will be catching up on that very soon. My dream is to visit China I believe it is a beautiful country and my great-grandfather is also from that country.
It is also my dream that Jamaica will one day soon be the place of choice for every Jamaican to live, work and enjoy. I hope it will also be the vacation choice of every tourist who wants to experience a little piece of paradise on earth.
As a child growing up my dad was my hero and still is up to this day. He taught us some very valuable life lessons which have now formed some of my values. These values have also assisted me in being committed to whatever I do so I am able to earn online.
We were taught that hard work and dedication was the key to success. Thinking of ourselves better than others was a “no-no” and we had to treat everyone as equal.
Growing up we were made to believe that we could be anything we want to be and the sky was the limit. My dad taught us that our word was our bond so we should not make promises we can’t keep.
The following values are the ones that resonate with me. These values are the most important for me to live by and the ones I want to pass along to my children, grandchildren and everyone in my life:
- Honesty – To live a pure and guilt-free life. Be myself; keeps my heart, soul and mind free of doubt or uncertainty. When we are honest, we know we are doing the right things.
- Courtesy – I believe it is a responsibility of mine to be courteous to others. If I am approaching a door and someone is close I think it is only right to hold the door for that person. Greeting others I meet daily makes me feel good.
- Appreciation – I make it a part of my daily routine to give thanks each morning for life, health, physical strength and family and friends around me. It is so good to let others know that you appreciate the things they do for you no matter how insignificant it might seem.
- Friendship – Friends support us and they provide an unfiltered view of our actions when asked. Friends sustain us through difficult periods and join us for the events we celebrate.
- Belief in Others – Your belief in someone can make the difference in his/her life. Their doubt can be erased by your confidence. The more you believe in others; the more you will continue to believe in yourself.
- Commitment – Commitment shows loyalty, bravery and tenacity. A commitment is a promise made honouring our commitments can make the difference between achieving what’s most important to us or feeling disappointed and defeated.
How did I Get Started in this Online Business?
My journey to earn money online started in 2014. My daughter had just started college and I found myself needing extra money to take care of our everyday expenses. I was already working a regular forty-hour work week; so a second job for me was not an option. Desperate for other options I decided to do my research on legitimate online jobs. Based on my search I was able to sign up for a few jobs as a virtual assistant and a transcriber.
These jobs were able to bring in extra money so it captured my attention. I got very interested in this whole online business, and the search intensified because I knew there were other ways available that I could make extra money online.
After many pitfalls, ill-advised, scams and lack of motivation I stumbled upon this gem in 2017 and the rest they say is history.
How Can I Help You to Earn Online?
This website was created to give you a step by step guide on how to get started. I will share as much information as I can to help you succeed online and make money from right here in Jamaica, the Caribbean or anywhere in the world. I know it is not as simple as most people say it is but I can assure you that with motivation and persistence you can make it.
Take a moment to browse around and make use of all the info on my website. Have a look at all the tips and strategies that I have used to grow my online business.
If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will be more than happy to help you.
All the best,